Initial 15-minute phone consultation: free
50-minute counseling session rates range from $100* to $180. Please call to determine your rate with our staff.
*effective September 1, 2016
We accept cash, debit or credit card* payments at the time service is rendered.
*including HSA debit/credit cards with Visa, Mastercard or Discover logo
Missed appointments and late cancellations:
You are responsible for cancelling or changing your appointments. Utah Valley Counseling’s cancellation policy is as follows.
- You must call with a minimum of 24-hours advance notice to cancel or move an appointment
- Cancellation calls are taken between 9 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday
- Calls received after 5 PM or on a weekend will be received the following business day at 9 AM
- Monday appointments must be cancelled before 5 PM on the previous Friday
- if you have an evening appointment, you must cancel before 5 PM the previous business day
- Cancellation messages left on a holiday will be received the following business day at 9 AM
We bill the following insurances for services rendered in our office:
- EMI (Educators Mutual)
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- Managed Care Administrators
- Tall Tree Administrators
- DMBA (Deseret Mutual Benefits Administrators)
Please note that it is your responsibility to understand the benefits and limitations of your mental or behavioral health insurance benefits. Not all services are covered and you may have a deductible to reach prior to receiving coverage for services. Not all diagnoses are covered by every insurance plan. If your insurance provider fails to pay for services rendered, the balance of unpaid session fees becomes your responsibility as the client.
If your insurance plan is not on our list, we may be able to work with your insurance provided you have an “out-of-network” benefit with your plan. In these cases, you are responsible for the full up-front session fee. We will then bill your insurance as an out-of-network provider and your insurance company may reimburse you for a portion of the session fee, based on your specific plan benefits.
All of our therapists accept LDS bishop pay, assuming we have made previous arrangements with your bishop to do so. If your LDS bishop has agreed to pay for some or all of your counseling, please let our staff know in our initial phone consultation so we can work out the details of payment prior to our first therapy session.
Invoices to third parties such as LDS bishops are required to be sent to that third party and will not be given to the party receiving services as a method of delivery.