Dr. Adam Moore, clinical director of Utah Valley Counseling presented at the 2017 Utah Coalition Against Pornography annual conference on “Eight Things Couples Need in Recovery and Why Your Goals are Causing You to Fail.”
Dr. Moore‘s eight things include:
1. Establish daily recovery routines
2. Facilitate a curiosity-focused approach to healing
3. Highlight your relationship patterns and cycles
4. Reframe relationship conflict as a diagnostic tool rather than a sign of failure
5. Seek personal serenity
6. Replace fairness with acceptance
7. Create a personal and couple recovery narrative
8. Give yourself permission to breathe
Please feel free to share the presentation with others.
You can find more resources by Dr. Adam Moore at MyRecovery Portal, an online education site that offers both free and paid courses and workbooks.
Utah Coalition Against Pornography has an upcoming conference in Southern Utah in October 2017 and we look forward to seeing you there and helping on your journey to healing.